Naturally Sweet Erythritol 500g
Naturally Sweet Erythritol is a natural sweetener that has a clean, sweet taste with no after-taste. It is made through fermentation and occurs naturally in a wide variety of foods, including many fruits and mushrooms, as well as in fermented foods such as cheese, wine, beer, and soy sauce. Erythritol can be used as a sugar substitute in a wide variety of applications that include beverages, confectionery, ice-cream, yoghurt, bakery items, chocolates and chewing gum. It is also used in cosmetics and pharmaceutical products.
- Approximately 70% as sweet as sugar.
- Virtually no calories (approximately 0.2 kcal/g which is only 5% of sugar.)
- Has a zero glycaemic index (GI), does not raise plasma glucose or insulin levels and is suitable for diabetics or consumers on a special diet.
- This natural sweetener is non-laxative and has a high digestive tolerance.
- It is resistant to metabolism by oral bacteria and is, as a result tooth-friendly.
Packed in Australia from imported ingredients.
Substitute for sugar on a 1.4:1 basis.